Horse Country II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS)

2 posters

Go down

Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS) Empty Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS)

Post  Admin Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:25 am

Twin foals are rare enough, but what if they're born to two mares? Even more remarkably, the twin's mother died nearly a year before.

Veterinarians at Colorado State University witnessed the birth of the healthy twins four days apart late in April.

The foals' biological mother, Tuesday, was fatally injured in tornados that ripped through Windsor, Colorado, on May 22 last year. Quick thinking and teamwork at the university's Veterinary Teaching Hospital and Equine Reproduction Laboratory allowed veterinarians to harvest her ovaries before she had to be humanely euthanised.

The products of a state-of-the-art assisted reproduction technique the two foals were born to two surrogate mothers at the university.

One surrogate mare, named Katie, gave birth to the first foal on April 25. Her foal is a buckskin colt who looks remarkably like his biological mother, Tuesday. The second mare to foal, named Friday in honour of Tuesday, gave birth on April 29 to a cremello-colored colt.

Tuesday's family, the Mears, who own a small ranch in Lucerne, Colorado, are enjoying Tuesday's legacy again through the twins, who arrived home at the ranch in early May.

The healthy pair will receive their barn names at the end of May. The Mears are accepting suggestions for their names from the public through a local contest.

Colt and his surrogate mom Katie:
Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS) 137b

The other colt and his surrogate mom Friday:
Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS) 137c

THE ACTUAL MOTHER TUESDAY
Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS) 137

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://horsecountry20092.my-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS) Empty Re: Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS)

Post  Fearless Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:32 am

Thats amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cool!!!!

I found this story on the site where the link took me, 77 starved arabs were seized from a property i texas
Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS) 112b
Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS) 112c
Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS) 112
Fearless
Fearless

Back to top Go down

Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS) Empty Re: Twin foals born year after mother's death (PS IM USING THESE PICS)

Post  Admin Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:33 am

I was going to post that but was too sad about it its disgusting
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://horsecountry20092.my-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fearless Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:34 am

It really is. I dont know how people can live with themselves when they do that. I'm surprised the last one is alive, much less standing on its own feet
Fearless
Fearless

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum